Keeping Your Information Safe
Endeavour Soft Tissue Therapy (ESTT) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice, along with Terms and Conditions of Treatment, sets out the basis on which any personal and sensitive data we collect from you or is provided by you will be processed, stored, retained and destroyed. This is all in accordance with current General Data Protection Regulations and principles which came into force in May 2018. Any future changes made to this policy will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you via email.
Collection and Usage of Data
1. ESTT collects data in the form of contact details; medical history and other relevant information pertaining to your current physical; mental; emotional situation and the reason for your visit to ESTT.
2. This information is given freely by yourself and is deemed true and correct at the time. This is collected by no other person except the owner Maxine McGinley. Updates to your data must be provided by yourself as soon as it is known.
3. ESTT uses both a manual paper and electronic collection process for the primary source of data.
4. To perform its function ESTT uses this information to encompass a complete picture of your condition and situation to enable an informed clinical approach to your treatment and continuing treatment plan. It is not shared with a third party.
5. Should a referral letter, or report, to your GP or other professional therapist be required then it will be given directly to you, to then pass on to the relevant person.
6. Extracted from the paper/electronic files will be names; telephone numbers and email addresses. This data is used as a list of “subscribers” to receive regular newsletters, updates or relevant information from ESTT.
7. Names and telephone numbers are used for effective direct communication and appointment reminders.
8. From time to time it may be interesting or relevant to take photographs. These are used to show before and after comparisons; correct body postures and examples of techniques used or Rocktape methods in action. With consent these may be used for promotional purposes, featuring on my social media/website and/or newsletter.
2. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Lawful Basis for Processing
1. The aforementioned data is collected on the basis to receive explicit consent from you, the client, to perform treatment in the form of Soft Tissue Therapy; including but not limited to massage of various techniques, ScarWork and Rocktape application.
2. If the client is under the age of 18 a parent or guardian will sign consent and countersign if the child is over 13 years old, whereby the child must also give explicit consent.
3. If the client is unable to do so, due to health conditions such a Dementia, then a Power of Attorney must give explicit consent and remain present during the treatment.
4. Receipt of the regular newsletter, updates and other relevant information is based on Legitimate Interest in the services provided by ESTT.
All measures taken are to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal and sensitive data. No third party has access to your data.
1. Paper files are stored and locked securely in a filing cabinet where only Maxine McGinley has full access to. These files are only retrieved prior to treatment, or to check a detail. They are subsequently returned immediately after use.
2. Extracted information is stored on a secure database, protected in accordance with Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
3. Referral letters and reports are produced on ESTT PC, these will then be emailed directly to you and/or printed off and given directly to you. A second copy will be printed and attached to your paper file. The original is stored securely on ESTT PC with relevant protection in place. No other person has access to this.
4. Photographs are taken using Maxine McGinley’s camera, these are then transferred to ESTT PC. A copy maybe printed and attached to your paper file. The soft copy is stored securely on ESTT PC with relevant protection in place. The original is then deleted from Maxine McGinley’s camera.
Retention, Access and Destruction
In compliance with regulatory, industry and GDPR guidelines your data is stored for no longer than deemed necessary. Therefore, all files are retained for;
1. 7 years after your last treatment, for adults over the age of 18.
2. For a child who received treatment prior to turning 18 years old, all information will be kept until they turn 21, assuming treatment ceased prior to their 18th birthday. If treatment continues after turning 18 then all data will be retained for 7 years after their last treatment.
As the data subject, you have the right to request access to all data held on you. Should you wish to request this please email directly to: email@example.com. You shall receive your requested data within 1 calendar month of the initial request.
As the data subject, you have the right to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters, updates and relevant information. This can be done by clicking the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the email.
At the end of the retention period, or by request, paper files will be shredded and securely disposed of. All data held on ESTT PC shall be securely deleted.
Check availability or book an appointment
Not sure about something? Get in-touch
Please note that appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50%. There is no cancellation fee for appointments cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.