- Total – Massage should not be carried out at all.
- Local – Massage can be performed but not over the contraindicated areas.
- Medical – Permission in writing must be given from you GP or other medical practitioner.
Massage will not be given if you have any of these conditions:
- Cold/Cough/Flu symptoms no matter how mild it may be
- Skin diseases
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Contagious/infectious diseases
- Under the influence of drugs, alcohol, prescription pain medication
A massage can be carried out but not in the areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, approval in writing must be given by your GP or other medical practitioner:
- Cardio vascular conditions (heart conditions, phlebitis, hypertension, thrombosis)
- Psoriasis or Eczema
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems, angina, pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
- Nervous & Psychotic conditions
- Rheumatism, Acute Arthritis
- Kidney infections
Check availability or book an appointment
Not sure about something? Get in-touch
Please note that appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50%. There is no cancellation fee for appointments cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.