- Total – Massage should not be carried out at all.
- Local – Massage can be performed but not over the contraindicated areas.
- Medical – Permission in writing must be given from you GP or other medical practitioner.
Massage will not be given if you have any of these conditions:
- Cold/Cough/Flu symptoms no matter how mild it may be
- Skin diseases
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Contagious/infectious diseases
- Under the influence of drugs, alcohol, prescription pain medication
A massage can be carried out but not in the areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, approval in writing must be given by your GP or other medical practitioner:
- Cardio vascular conditions (heart conditions, phlebitis, hypertension, thrombosis)
- Psoriasis or Eczema
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems, angina, pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
- Nervous & Psychotic conditions
- Rheumatism, Acute Arthritis
- Kidney infections
Check availability or book an appointment
Not sure about something? Get in-touch
Please note that appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged in full. There is no cancellation fee for appointments cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.