- Cold like symptoms.
- Sleepy and fatigued or deeply relaxed.
- Increased thirst.
- Temporary worsening of symptoms.
- Headache/dizziness – this is due to the improved circulation and is only temporary.
- Soreness and tenderness in the areas that have been worked on may last 2-3 days.
- Improved sleep.
The following should be carried out:
- Drink plenty of still water for the next 24 hours, this will remove toxins that are released during massage.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol, caffeine and hot spicy food for at least 12 hours.
- Rest is necessary in repairing the body so make sure you get plenty of it.
- Stretch every morning and evening. Make sure to take stretches during the day if you have sedentary occupation and before and after exercising.
- Avoid heat treatments for at lest 24 hours.
- Don’t stand or sit in the same position for long periods – especially cross-legged or hunched over a computer. The body likes movement and cannot cope will in a fixed position.
- If kinesiology taping has been used keep it on for a few days or until it becomes itchy or uncomfortable. In some cases it can cause skin irritation. It is okay to get the tape wet during a shower.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day.
Check availability or book an appointment
Not sure about something? Get in-touch
Please note that appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50%. There is no cancellation fee for appointments cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.