- Cold like symptoms.
- Sleepy and fatigued or deeply relaxed.
- Increased thirst.
- Temporary worsening of symptoms.
- Headache/dizziness – this is due to the improved circulation and is only temporary.
- Soreness and tenderness in the areas that have been worked on may last 2-3 days.
- Improved sleep.
The following should be carried out:
- Drink plenty of still water for the next 24 hours, this will remove toxins that are released during massage.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol, caffeine and hot spicy food for at least 12 hours.
- Rest is necessary in repairing the body so make sure you get plenty of it.
- Stretch every morning and evening. Make sure to take stretches during the day if you have sedentary occupation and before and after exercising.
- Avoid heat treatments for at lest 24 hours.
- Don’t stand or sit in the same position for long periods – especially cross-legged or hunched over a computer. The body likes movement and cannot cope will in a fixed position.
- If kinesiology taping has been used keep it on for a few days or until it becomes itchy or uncomfortable. In some cases it can cause skin irritation. It is okay to get the tape wet during a shower.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day.
Check availability or book an appointment
Not sure about something? Get in-touch
Please note that appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged in full. There is no cancellation fee for appointments cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.